Monday, November 9, 2009

Typing up the police log...

Every time I type up the police log on production nights at The New Hampshire I am supremely satisfied with myself that I have never been arrested.

Supremely satisfied.

So many dumb kids get busted on this campus for dumb stuff.

On November third, we ran a great article by one of our contributors (Miss Alexandra Churchill) about her Halloween ride-along with Officer
Welman of the UNH Police Department.

About three-quarters of the way through the story, we get this lovely anecdote:

While slowly moving through the masses that block Strafford Avenue, an open beer can somersaults in the headlights of the cruiser and onto the street. Welman immediately reacts, flips on his swirling blue lights and catches the perpetrator’s stunned face in the stark headlights.

The underage thrower of the can is arrested for unlawful littering and unlawful possession of alcohol.


This kid actually got into university. How does that grab you?

Now, I won't tell you who this young knucklehead is, but if you were so inclined as to want to find who this is.... who am I to stop you.

I might point you to some local police log and the publishing date of article and the littering charge.

I am not trying to "out" or screw this idiot kid, but I just want to make the point that every Monday night when I type up the police log, I am supremely satisfied that I have never been arrested.


No comments: