Thursday, February 19, 2009

Seacoast Coffee Shop Tour 2009

What better way to spend a saturday than peddle your ass around seacoast New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Maine?
Wait, maybe the didn't come out right?

Let me start again.

What better way to spend a Februrary day than to ride your bike to ten different coffee shops in three different states?

That's better. That's less ambiguous and licentious.

But that is what R.Kelly and I are going to do on saturday; at least ten coffee shops in ten towns, in 100 miles, in under 7 hours (or before the sun goes down whichever comes first).

I put a hit out to my fellow seacoast-area cyclists and have gotten a mixed bag of results.
Jay told me that he would gladly join me for this ride when the predominant color of the world returns to green, you crazy bastard! Keep in mind, his words not mine.

This is going to be an epic day of riding, extreme stimulant overdose, cookies and cakes, and alot of peeing on the side of the road.

The route will be as follows:
- 8:00 a.m. roll out from Breaking New Grounds in Durham.
- The Big Bean in Newmarket.
- Me and Ollie's in Exeter.
- Hollow Cafe or in Amesbury, on Main Street (I looked it up but don't remember the name).
-Plum Island Roasters or Caffe Di Siena in Newburyport, on some street (I looked it up but don't remember the name).
- some place in either Hampton, Seabrook or Salisbury.
- Cafe Kilim in Portsmouth (although I heard there is a really good place in Kittery).
- there's a bunch of places in Ogunquit (I have been there before but I don't remember its name).
- some place in South Berwick.
- Cafe on the Corner in Dover,
then back to Durham.

Wow.... this is going to be epic. A century ride in February? I've never done it and it might kill me, but it will be quite an adventure.

Stay tuned for an account and pictures.

No comments: