Sunday, February 8, 2009

Since the Annuciation...

So alot has happened since I declared my blod D.O.A.
School has started.
I have begun training for what promises to be an eventful collegiate racing season.
I have interviewed a delightful couple for an english class.
I have managed to fall behind in my reading for class already.

But the most momentous thing of late is that I have begun listening to NPR.
In the past, my music choice has usually been -as was deftly described on one of those commentary shows about the 80's- "music that makes you want to drive fast and punch people."
It was metal, metal, punk, screaming and loud. I remembering thinking that NPR was just what old people listened to because they just couldn't handle as much rocking as I could.
My sister once tried to convince me that NPR wasn't just blabbering and grim news. That there was actually good content. I poo-poo-ed her. I tend to do that alot; poo-poo-ing, in general.
However, I now find NPR to be an excellent source of news, entertainment and generally interesting programing for my short drives around the seacoast area.
I might be getting to old to rock. I don't entirely believe that. I am only offering that as some sort of explanantion.
I think my ability to rock hasn't diminished at all. I cite for you an indoor training ride that I did with the team two saturdays ago. When AC/DC's "Shook Me All Night Long" came on, I had no qualms about shouting all the lyrics, which were particularly ill-timed; it was the two minutes of 10 out of 10 Rate of Perceived Effort (my heartrate soared to somewhere around 190 beats per minute).

On another topic, on World News Tonight this evening, an anchor did a piece about the country's ultra-rich continuing to spend exorbitant amounts of money on luxuxry items, specifically $40,000 suits. These suits are hand-tailored from exotic fabrics, like Alaskan Yak fur, and the white pinstripes are actually white gold!
This left me with one desire; I would love to slap a rich person, particularlly an imbecile that bought one of these suits.
Just flat-out slap him or her. In this situation, I would have no problem if it were a women.
Man, that would feel good... for me.

No comments: