Monday, September 7, 2009

Yelling bad puns

I like to yell.
I like to yell things at people also.

As a cyclist, I know how futile it is to yell things at people while you are moving past them at high rates of speed. Usually a simple phrase shouted from a car moving past a cyclist turns into a doppler smear of unrecognizable sounds.

Therefore, today when I saw a couple walking through Durham, I chose not yell at them.

I saw a sweet couple walking hand-in-hand.
They were enjoying the cool late-summer evening, stolling along, swinging their arms in unison as they held hands. They were really swinging their conjoined arms.

So, I thought it might be funny to yell, "It looks like you guys are swingers, eh?"

Get it?
I thought it was funny.
But they wouldn't have heard it and it wouldn't have been worth ruining their evening.

No comments: