Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Change one, change the other.

so last night, i left Ascoli to do Offida-Spinetolli backwards.
as i began climbing up to Spinetolli, my chain came off and kept slipping on the cassette.
i monkeyed with barrel adjuster but to no avail.

i changed my chain before i left home and didnt take it out and do a break-in ride. so 60 miles into Italain riding, my cassette shits the bed on me.
i kicked myself for not just dropping the money on a new cassette at home!
but as luck wold have it, Julia and Charlie (resident professor and husband) met an american fellow that is starting a bike shop here in Ascoli. he does not have his shop up and runnig yet but he is a life long mechanic and said he could help me out.

so today's schedule consists of dropping a bunch of cash on a OG-1070 Sram cassette and then hopefully finding someone with chain whips and cassette tools to change my jawn out.
the alternative is to buy a case of emory boards and file off my old cassette, install the new one finger tight and say a prayer.

wish me luck!

No comments: