Friday, March 20, 2009

March riding and sunscreen

I am in Florida right now.
Ryan Carney is sitting next to me in his underpants and I love it.

Yesterday we rode 112 miles at about 20mph average.
I was the General all day; while everybody was clowning around after stop-sign roll-outs, I would go to the front and turn it on.
I was not interested in screwing off for 7 hours and having anything left at the end.

My plan worked.
When we hit SugarLoaf, I tried to stay with the 6 man lead group, but that was not possible.
I got up over the top and Ass.Coach Pat, Ryan and 2 D-riders dropped me and got a serious gap. Then for the next 2 mile I tried to bridge back up to them. I got within 50 meters of them, but that was all I could manage.

Later on, as Ryan Carney handed me an ice cream bar at a gas station up the street from the where we park, he said that he and Ass.Coach Pat saw me trying to catch them. Ryan turned to Pat and said, "Hey, let's make it harder for Phil."

They did.
And it was great.

2 comments:

Bob T. said...

You guys have an ass coach? Named Pat?

That's sounds like the title to a SNL sketch ... "The Adventures of Ass Coach Pat!"

Unknown said...

i think you should just call him ass pat.